Here is a short list of what documents you need to file and process probate in California:
- Look for a will at decedent’s home.
- If you cannot locate the will at home, contact the banks to see if the decedent left a safe deposit box there. Banks are required to allow you to look in a safety deposit box for a will.
- Gather a list of known assets of the decedent;
- Look for bank statements;
- Stock records;
- Annuity records;
- Life insurance records;
- Tax returns;
- Last Wage records;
- 1099s from banks and other financial institutions.
- Notes relating to assets.
- Credit Card Bills.
- Home owner’s insurance information.
- A few certified death certificates of the decedent.
- Any Mortgage information.
- Any last medical bills.
If you need assistance in filing probate in California, we are here to help. Contact us at Info@SelfHelpProbate.com or call us at 213-260-0026.